Controllogix I/O ladder question

OZEE said:
You were getting those failures because of comm problems (noise, connections, etc.) - not because of the RPI. Changing the RPI only changed how often the errors were encountered. Reread what Ken wrote -- I marked the important clue... I would almost bet that you have at least one of the following:
  • loose connections
  • bad terminations
  • missing/wrong terminating resistors
  • comm wires running along with / parallel to motor leads

I agree some of the errors was from the Cat 5 cables not being shielded. There is no terminating resistors. I talked to AB engineers and they told me to set it at at least 50ms due to the fact the fastest the PF 700 drive can respond is .1 secs. I think that they said something about that the 2-comm-E could not handle the 5ms RPI I do not rememeber where I heard that but I did.

I do not understand how EN Rx Overruns / and missed IO packets could be noise?

I do know that changing the RPI to 50ms made the machine run more reliable.