ControlLogix - Inhibit Module turning on

gbeaker

Hi,

I have a 1756-a17 rack with a 1756-L61 processer. There is three 1756-OB32 cards installed amongst various other cards. About twice a month one, two, or three of the OB32 cards stop working and the OK light is flashing. If I go online the "Inhibit module" box is checked in the module properties. If I uncheck the box, everything is ok again.

Does any one have any idea what could cause this? Is someone going online and checking the box or will it happen under a failure or fault of some kind? There is no errors listed under Module Fault.

Thanks

Either somebody is going online and inhibiting the modules, or they are being inhibited by the program.

You can set the inhibit/enable property of an I/O module connection with the Set System Variable (SSV) instruction, or with a carefully configured MSG instruction. Check the program logic for an SSV that might be addressed to those modules.

If not done by any person, then check whether it is being done in the program using a conditional SSV instruction which is changing the Inhibit bit in the Module object.