Controllogix onto ethernet - Help module reset?

rigicon

Hello all.
Now the second time programming Controllogix.
I go online with my old trusty RS232 cable no problem.
Loaded firmware etc online. Compactlogix L32E with an ethernet port. I have tried to connect using the ethernet port but nothing in rslinx it all boils down to the module can not be reset or mismatch that I cannot clear.
Brand new PLC what am doing silly. :unsure:

jsp1.jpg JSP2.jpg

Can you connect directly (via Ethernet) to the processor (just patch cord from PC to CPU), and use the BOOTP/DHCP tool to assign a good address on your local subnet?

Thanks rdrast I don't know how but I got it working. I took out the Devicenet scanner and started from scratch. Yes some where I put the IP address in not on the module somewhere else then it all came to life - still waiting for Rockwell to come back to me. Nice when it works eh.
Problem is I can't really remember always happens with a new PLC after firmware update. Any way that's sorted.