ControlLogix Serial Connection

syd_b

Hi,

The problem i have is when i connect the plc ControlLogix 5000 through the serial port. In the who active window i see the plc with a question mark and i can´t see the modules, but i can download programs to the plc.

When i connect the same plc through ethernet port i can see the plc and the modules.

Does anyone know what can be the problem.

Thanks for the answer,

I cheked the site you post but i have a question i found the controller Logix 5563 but there are 11 files (1,10,...,19), depending on the firmware revision is the file i need to download?.

Thanks

Yes, you need to download the EDS file that matches the Firmware Revision (17.x, 18.x, 19.x, etc) for your controller.

You may wish to download all of them and register all of them; it won't hurt anything.

Save the EDS files to your desktop or to a user folder, then use the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool; Start -> Program Files -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> Tools -> EDS Hardware Installation Tool.