controlnet add device powerflex 4M VSD

Stan Zout__

Hi,
I have to add a powerflex 4m VSD onto a controlnet network, at the moment we have a powerflex 40 with an controlnet comm's card 22-comm-c attached with the controlnet daisy chained off, I have set up the drive with a port number and connected it inline but I cant add it into the list as per my attached pic,???

controlnet.PNG vsd controlnet.jpg

Welcome to the Forum!

I dunno about 'List' definition in your galaxy...

Here on Earth, one programatically adds a device on a ControlNet network using RSNetworx for ControlNet.

Do you have the software? Do you have the CNet current application file?

Add the new VFD to the existing RSNCN file Scanlist using a unique node number not lower than the existing lowest;Save; Re-Schedule the network; Download to the Scanner/Bridge; Save.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/cnet-gr001_-en-e.pdf

Last edited:
Hi,
I have to add a powerflex 4m VSD onto a controlnet network, at the moment we have a powerflex 40 with an controlnet comm's card 22-comm-c attached with the controlnet daisy chained off, I have set up the drive with a port number and connected it inline but I cant add it into the list as per my attached pic,???

For a multi-drive application use the info/instructions from within Chapter 7 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/gr/cnet-gr001_-en-e.pdf

I believe the last daisy chained drive needs a 120 Ohm 1/4 Watt resistor across the AK-U0-RJ45-TB2P Terminal Block Connector.

There will be a 50ms delay in addition to the CNet NUT to any data packet to/from the each daisy chained VFDs.

I still think you need to re-schedule the CNet node even if in 'multi-drive' mode off an existing node.