Controlnet connection for 1788-CN2DN?

wilsonzhu

Hi,

One of my project, use three 1788-CN2DN Controlnet to Devicenet linking Devices, each connect to about 20 Devicenet nodes, and we have about 5 Racks I/O. Because we use 1756-CN2 as Controlnet Scanner, its maxmium connection is 100, I am wondering how may connections of one 1788-CN2DN count? Thanks,

On ControlNet, the 1788-CN2DN uses either 1 or 2 CIP Connections. I don't remember if the Status connection counts as a separate connection or not. If you browse through it (which you will for configuration, etc), account for one temporary explicit Connection too.

It does not create a Connection for every DeviceNet slave.

I don't think the 1788-CN2DN can bridge CIP Safety connections... if you are using CIP Safety, there are entirely different capacity rules.