ControlNet Scheduling

Mstachura

I have a question in regard to taking a ControlLogix L62 PLC (v.16) offline that is currently using controlNet for communications to VFDs etc... The PLC is currently running at the plant with no issues. I will be taking the PLC offline to add produced/consumed tags, however, these tags will communicate over the Ethernet I/P network. I have a copy of the latest program that was sent to me from maintenance and i see ControlNet module tab under 'RSNetWorx', there is a path to a Control Net file (.xc). The plan is when i get to site, that i will upload the current program on the PLC and take it offline, make all my changes, and then download the program.

Will I have any issues with the ControlNet schedule?

Will i need to re-schedule?

I am thinking that i wont have any issues, however, I want to be sure. Thank you for your time.

The ControlNet schedule should not be affected by your changes so you should not need to reschedule that network. Assuming as you said that no changes are made that affect the ControlNet. If you are setting up consume tags over the ENET then you should be good.

Just FYI, the RSNetWorx tab in the module properties is simply a shortcut means to (re)schedule the ControlNet network. I personally don't use it. I always go ahead and manually open RSNetWorx. Probably out of habit from years of working with ControlNet before that option was available.

OG

I only had a problem with that path setting when I was rescheduling a controlnet network.

It only will cause a problem if your controlnet schedule that you performed is different then the path setting. If you reschedule delete the path in the IO config tree, then schedule the network. I know someone will say the path is not valid but it has caused me problems.

Agreed. I have received projects from someone else and the path was where it was stored on their computer. So I had to browse to the location where I had the ControlNet file (or just clear that field).

OG

Since I will be using the same workstation where the ControlNet was last scheduled. I do not seeing the path being an issue.

Thanks for your comments!!