Contrologix - RsLinx cannot communicate. Batt LED flashing Red.

bigLee

I have a 1756 L62 ControlLogix5562 controller I cannot connect to via ethernet. Get RSLinx cannot communicate message. Verision 19.

It has a battery solid red LED and flashing red OK led. I know that is a recoverable major fault. Will this prevent me from connecting via ethernet?

I am going to try serial 232 connection next week. I've been tasked with upgraded to a L81 E contrologix version 30. I do not know if I have the most recent project or not. Ideally I would upload from controller, get the new controller set up and just swap.

Just curious as to why I can't connect and if I will be able to. Any ideas always appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

The LEDs as you describe them would be normal for a dead or missing battery.

I have a 1756 L62 ControlLogix5562 controller I cannot connect to via ethernet

What does that mean? Can you see the Ethernet module on your Ethernet network? Can you get through the Ethernet module to see the Logix chassis in RSLinx? Can you see the L62 or other modules?

And stupid question here...are you using RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000? And what version of software? Do you know the firmware version of the L62?

Screenshots help immensely.

OG

p.s. While a flashing red OK indicator almost always indicates a recoverable fault, it can in some instances actually be a non-recoverable fault (which is usually solid red).

Last edited: