Conversion Issues 1756-L63 / 1756-L62

gibbom

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a PLC program that has been written for a 1756-L62 processor and now I'm trying to go online to a 1756-L63 processor and I keep getting an error message while RSLogix5000 is trying to perform the conversion.

RSLogix kindly generates a log of the issue which I post below here. Could anyone please suggest why I'm getting this error message, and how I would go about fixing it?

===============================================================================
Wed Sep 16 07:22:52 2015

Fatal Error!

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin\RS5000.Exe
Elapsed execution time: 7 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes, & 43 seconds

Version: V20.00.00 (Release)
Source File: RxMapDev.cpp
Line Number: 19358
Function/Method: RxMapDevice::OnChildChange

OS Version: Windows XP 32-bit (Service Pack 3 - Build 2600)
Thread Id: 000008f0 (2288)

Error 0x80042a53 (-2147210669)

RxIOCsE_PROFILE_NOT_FOUND - Module profile could not be found. This could indicate the module profile is not installed.

One project file is currently open:

Z:\DROPBOX (PERSONAL)\02_GIBSONTECHNOLOGIES\LCM\SINO\RECLAIMERVARIATION01\PLCLOGIC\FAT\REC42101_Variation01_FAT_150916.ACD
Work Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\RSLogix5000.Temp\AB_0BB3\AB_0F3E
Time open: 3 minutes & 8 seconds

RSLogix_ErrorMsg.jpg

Thanks @phuz, Yes I did try changing before going online and I got the same problem (Fatal Error, then RSLogix crashes). This is so frustrating.

I'll read over the article now.

@Phuz,

Read that article and no, i'm not using 20.03. I made that mistake about 18 months ago and have since removed any .03 version from my PC. I am aware that 21.03 has the same issues. I actually contacted Rockwell Support and they said that the .03 releases were specifically designed for a client in USA and are a very high security level release. They recommended NOT to use that version, for some of the reasons outlined in the article that you provided a link to.

This still begs the question.....why am I having this issue! Could anyone please help?

Can you export your L62 project to L5K then import it back without changing processor?

If you can then try to change processor after the import.

Make sure you made a backup before doing conversions :)

Can you post your file?

So I've worked out the issue. The logic file that I was trying to convert had a module in it that I didn't have the correct firmware revision for (1756-EN2T/D Ver 10.07). The only way I could find this out was by exporting to L5K, and then when trying to import again it came up with an import error message. (of course I could have worked it out by looking in the controller configuration and seeing an exception against that module).

The PLC logic that I was converting was created by someone else that obviously had the correct firmware.