Panelview 600 to PVP7 perf. conversion issues

zxzxzxzx

Currently have an old PV 600 hooked to the side port of a ML1500. Originally the driver in the Panelview was listed as -
-Serial-DF1
-Micrologix 1500 LRP,1
DH-485
But looking under channel configuration ( channel 1) in the ML1500 its setup as DF1 Full Duplex and working that way.

Moving on, I'm using a USB-Serial converter but cant the new PVP7 to communicate with the ML1500. Tried adding SErial-DF1 driver, also tried exporting configuration which brings over DH485 when importing. Tried switching USB ports in the back of the panelview.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

It is my understanding that when you used one of the supported USB/Serial converters with a PanelView Plus 7, that it's enumerated as "Serial 2" = "COM2".

A built-in serial port on any PanelView Plus prior to the "7" model would have been Serial 1 = COM1.

So you'll have either re-assign the hardware to the DF1 Full Duplex driver onboard, or in the FactoryTalk Linx configuration on your development PC.

The driver text label might include "DH485" as a throwback that really means "SLC-500 PCCC commands", not actually Data Highway 485. You definitely won't be running DH485 protocol in this case.

Tried com 2

I seen that tech note from Rockwell and tried Com 2 previously. Also tried the other ports. I did read that link where you had suggested specific communication settings which are different than what I was using. I’ll give that a try.