Convert from internal value to value in Drive executive (drive tools)

zippro

I have a question about internal value in soft driveExecutive .
because value return when i read Parameter values of driver using the MSG instruction is internal value in soft driveExecutive .

how can i convert from internal value to value?
Can u explain to me or show me documents to do it?

parameter.jpg

thanks.:site::site:

Hmm, very strange...looks like they took yet another bizarre approach to scaling a number into 32 bits.

Lets break this down to a simle scale probkem (y=mx+b):
We know that x and y intersect at 1073741824 raw and 2.000 internal and we know the upper and lower limits from your screenshot.

Parameter 9
P9_MinScaled = 0.0100
P9_MaxScaled = 655.0000
P9_MinRaw = 1008981770 (decimal)
P9_MaxRaw = 1143193600

Then apply:
http://easycalculation.com/analytical/learn-two-point.php
since Logix doesn't have a built in SCP block.

The 'internal value' looks just to be the binary representation of the floating point value.

Use handy dandy floating point calculator here

The numbers under the 'Internal Value' in the 'Range' section are misleading and shouldn't have been put there at all.

Don't try to do a linear correlation on them.

Last edited:
The 'internal value' looks just to be the binary representation of the floating point value.

Use handy dandy floating point calculator here

The numbers under the 'Internal Value' in the 'Range' section are misleading and shouldn't have been put there at all.

Don't try to do a linear correlation on them.

Doh, so the internal values are the decimal radix view of the IEEE794 floating point bits...yeah, they oughta not show that for floats...

Thanks Bernie...

So just map them into floats and voila, yer' done.

OkiePC said:
🤾:rolleyes::confused::oops:

Last edited: