Convert ms to hours RS Logix 500

XxLinkxX

Hey everyone,
IS their a quick way to use a entered integer from an hmi and use it as hours, instead? Basically, I want the user to input hours on the HMI. However it only accepts time in ms. So if i enter 24, i get 24 milliseconds. I know i can just do a simple convert, but wasn't sure if their was an option in rs logix to take the int vale and make it into hours.
Thanks,
Link

Maybe I misunderstood. Do you wish the HMI operator to enter the number of hours, that to be used as the preset for a timer? If so then ...

Point the HMI to a separate tag for the hours.

Timer Preset Milliseconds = tag * 3600000

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
I just ended up Converting. I wasn't sure if it was possible to send hours as hours through the hmi. I ended up taking the hours, which goes as ms and converted it to hours on the ladder logic.
Just looking for possible short cuts. :p