Convert PV600 to PV+600 Problems

jthornton

I imported the pva into Factory Talk View Studio and it gave me some errors.

Code:
Alarm message Ack option not supported.
Blinking color images are not supported.
Screen 31 - Station States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (10,150)."
Screen 31 - Station States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (80,150)."
Screen 31 - Station States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (150,150)."
Screen 32 - Pump States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (183,0)."
Screen 32 - Pump States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (183,60)."
Screen 32 - Pump States: For LSB support, refer to on-line help for correct syntax of Multistate Indicator's Value control at (183,120)."
I think I fixed those by changing the multistate trigger from LSB to Value.

I'm getting Invalid display number and
Problem writing value " " to item 'OIT_Status'.
Write 10 to (OIT_Status)

OIT_Status tag address is ::[slc5041]n9:11

JT

I added DF-1 to Communications Setup in FactoryTalk View Studio and can see the SLC 5/04, I added a device shortcut, clicked on the SLC in the Design local tab and clicked apply. Then clicked copy to run time and built a new mer and loaded it in the panelview + 600. Now I get DF1 Failed to open COM2 as it may be already in use.

JT

This morning I put a SLC 5/05 processor in the rack, created a new run time for the PV600+ and selected the 5/05's ip address but I'm still having issues between the HMI and the PLC.

My clue is that any object that has states does not show up on the PV+. However I don't have a clue where to look and what to look for. I opened the original pva file in panelbuilder 32 and it looks to be the same as the imported file.

In the attached photo the top center button and others are not shown on the HMI when running.

I'm still getting Invalid display number and
Problem writing value " " to item 'OIT_Status'.
Write 10 to (OIT_Status)

OIT_Status tag address is ::[slc5041]n9:11

Do I need to be online with the processor and update the tag addresses?

JT

states.jpg

When you create your communications shortcut the name must match EXACTLY what's between the [] in the tag editor.

Going to put the SLC 5/04 back in and test that on RS232. Interesting that FactoryTalk View added to the tag shortcut a number. First attempt it was [slc5041], second attempt with the 5/05 the shortcut in the tags is [slc5042].

JT