Convert RSLogix 5000 to RSLogix 500

zacslade

Hi all,

I have a client with a SLC 500 panel and a Compact Logix panel. The Compact Logix panel was exposed to some harmful environmental conditions, so they want to take all the code from the Compact Logix processor and merge it into the SLC 500. (The SLC 500 is in a safer location.)

Is there an easy way to do this? Or will I have to manually rewrite the Logix 5000 code in Logix 500?

Thanks!

Much of your work will need to be done by hand, but depending on the size and complexity of the logic, some of it may be somewhat automated. You might be able to do some of the conversion with a text editor or excel.

You may be able to replace the tag names with addresses in a more automated method that way, and you may be able to keep the tag names as symbol names in the Logix500 file.

Many instructions are identical and the ladder mnemonics will transfer easily. Those that are unknown to the SLC will have to be manually reconstructed.

Output instructions in series (or not at the end of a rung) is not allowed, so all of those situations will have to be dealt with.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-73271.html
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1008

Moving the code is the least of your problems, what about the I/O that the Compactlogix used ..???

What was the nature of the "harmful environmental conditions" ?

More info needed...

In addition to what daba stated, will the processor handle the program?

By that I mean what processor is used and will it have enough memory?
Will the increase in the program size cause the scan time to have an adverse effect on the existing system?

regards,
james