Converting MeDoc to GPP Win

I've tried tO UPLOAD the Ladder diagram from Misubishi PLC FX2N by using GPP. I tried to do setup (COM Port = 1, Baud Rate = 9.6k). But, it is still unable to connect to the PLC.
I used the same cable (RS 232) by using Medoc. The Uploading is no problem at all.
But, I'm going to be crazy using GPP.

Any help on setting and any solution be really appreciate.....

FYI ... If you've been sucessful uploading, you've been using an RS-422 cable. If you're trying to use an RS-232, you won't connect. You should be using Mitsubishi's SC-09 assembly which consists of two cable.

That said, please describe the procedure that you are using when attempting to upload the file with GPP-Win.

... rab

Sorry for my late reply.

Firstly, I connect the RS 232 cable to the Mitsubishi FX2N followed by opening the GPP software from my notebook.
And then, I start with opening the new project as well as do the setting. (Choose Com1 and baud rate of 9.6k). Then, I try to upload but the error message appear. :( :( :(

Your help is much appreciated......

By the way, why the GPP software (window base) is so complicated to setup just to upload and download??? Moreover, I have to buy extra cable just to use the GPP window base software. I feel that it is too funny and not productive at all.

Luckily, I still can use the Medoc (DOS base) software to do anything I want.

First Open the software

Project
New Project
FX/CPU
FX1N/C
Ladder
---Press OK---
Tranfer Setup
Double click SERIAL
Select COM1
Select 9.6 Kpbs
---Click OK---
---Click Connection Test---

You have a message saying Successfully conneted to FX1N or 2N if that was your choice.

Remeber that your RS232 connection is going through a RS232/422 converter... see the Red cable... thats the SC09... you must already know this.

gpp.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly, I connect the RS 232 cable to the Mitsubishi FX2N

If you are talking about SC09 cable - it is actually not just cable. It has converter in it. What exactly do you use?

I start with opening the new project as well as do the setting. (Choose Com1 and baud rate of 9.6k).

Are you really using COM1 of your PC? Are you sure it's one and
not some other port number?

By the way, why the GPP software (window base) is so complicated to setup just to upload and download???

It is designed to support wide range of hardware and networks.
There is more to connecting to PLC than using Com1 and RS232.

Moreover, I have to buy extra cable just to use the GPP window base software.

You don't have to. You can ask your company to buy it. Cable is a product and they all cost more or less. There are alternative products to SC09 if you don't want Mitsubishi to have your money.

Hi Pierre & Panic Mode,

Thanks for your help and explaination.

I have already go through the Pierre Instruction exactly. Previously, I write it cut short. Anyway, thanks for the explaination with pictures.

Since I cannot use RS232 then I've got to buy SE09 cable and claim it from the company.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

:):):)

KarateExplosion said:
I currently have a project at work where I am supposed to replace our old F-series PLC's with new Q-series PLC's

It has come to my attention that our old F-Series PLC's use MeDoc to program in, and I was just wondering if anyone knows of a third party program, or perhaps a function in GPP Win that will allow me to convert the MeDoc file directly, instead of writing out the program from scratch.

I tried using the import file from GPP Win to import a MeDoc file, but it said something about the cpu being the wrong something or other saying that A/FX was a problem.

Hopefully someone understands what I am trying to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.
What I have found works best is to change the PLC in Medoc from an F2 to an A3A. This supports IO addresses up to 7FF. The F2 uses addresses starting at X400, which is above the range of processors like the A1S etc. (If you select this processor, you get a screen with a lot of yellow on it). Create a new project in GX Developer, also using an A3A processor, and import the file using medoc format. The file should import OK. Finally, change the processor to a Q series PLC.

Goody said:
While that is is probably a good tip Peter, the original post is 4 years old. It hopefully was resolved in 2004 :)
You've noticed too!
At least, if the OP ever returns to this site, he will have an answer!!
icon6.gif

Goody said:
While that is is probably a good tip Peter, the original post is 4 years old. It hopefully was resolved in 2004 :)
I know the thread is old, but I only came upon it recently via Google, when I wanted to know how to convert Medoc/F2 to GXDeveloper/Q Series. Others may find the thread the same way. The original answers given were not complete, so I thought I would add my observations, in the hope it would help others in the future. There are still a lot of F2's out there.