Converting Panelview "Print Only Object" to PV+

Halsec

Hi everyone,
I have a customer who wants to replace an existing standard Panelview 1000 with a Panelview Plus. Converting the file is no issue except for the "Print Only Object". The existing panelview sends a message string to a serial printer each time the line stops but I can't find any function in RSVIEW/PV+ to do the same.
Any ideas??

Even though it may not technically be an "alarm," I would investigate creating an alarm message that is triggered when the line stops. You can then configure the message to be printed when the stop condition is triggered.

If it would be a nuisance to have an alarm banner pop up each time the line stops, I believe that you can filter the trigger so that the line stop message is not displayed.

Hope this helps get you started.

Rick

I've heard of this being done with the Kepware "UCON" driver... I'll go find some specifics about how you would emulate the "Print Only" function. I suspect it uses a Remote Macro.