problem converting panelview to panelview plus.

Shiro485

Hello,
I am inquiring if anyone else has had this issue,
I have talked with rockwell tech connect and even they have been unable to resolve yet.

I have an old panelbuilder application that needs to be converted to panelview plus. The communications used to be dh485 will now need it to be df1 from plc to hmi

Using a slc 5/03 processor. pvp 600

When importing the application into ftview studio it tells me the slc_1 node for dh-485 is not a valid node and turns all my tags into memory tags instead of retaining their plc addresses.

If i change the tags in the tag database to device instead of memory they all have the address of b3:3/11.

I have tried conversion on both 32 bit and 64 bit machines.
Rockwell tried converting my program with same result.

I am using ftview studio 7.0

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Post the PanelBuilder32 program and folks can try to do the conversions themselves. If you can't post it publicly, drop me a PM.

I did several conversions from DH485 PanelViews last year and didn't have the same problem. I was running FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10 on and XP SP3 virtual machine, so my environment is slightly different.

Hello,
I have found the solution to this, in case anybody else runs into the same problem.
I had to open up the old panel builder application.

Application --> settings ---> comms setup

The node type field was selected as unknown.

Had to change this to the controller I am using before converting panelview application to a ftview application.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks!