Problem converting a PanelBuilder project to a FTView Me project

diegoac

Hello,

I've got a problem when converting my old PanelBuilder aplication to the new FTView ME plataform due to the need of replacing my PanelView Plus 600 to a new one. The problems i mean are related with some alarm issues that i cant undestand.

The first warning message i got was:

Bit and LSBit triggered alarms that used a Trigger Tag with a Bit data type will only be able to trigger a single alarm after import.

So, what does it mean? What may occur if i don't treat this warning?

[FONT=&quot]The second warning message i got was:

Alarm message Ack option not supported.

How to fix this warning? I won't be able to acknowlegde my alarms?

Also about the above question, the migrating manual says:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] In PanelBuilder32 software, the alarm ACK is on an individual message.
FactoryTalk View ME software does not support individual
acknowledgement of alarms. The alarm Ack is on the triggers.

But i didnt undestand neither found a solution to this warning.

Thanks in advance.

[/FONT]

The errors are generic, and may or may not apply to your setup.
Can you post a screen shot of one alarm trigger setup, and the HMI tag setup for that tag?

Q1: Look at PanelBuilder and find out if your alarm tags are triggering more than one message (like a bit array) or if they were just digital/bool alarms (ie. one message per tag).
You might not need to do anything. But if it's converted wrong, then some alarm messages won't trigger.

Q2: FTView ME will let you acknowledge any message. But if you want to send an ack value back to the PLC, then that can only be setup per alarm trigger.
If you have more than one message for a trigger (ex. bit array trigger, or an integer value trigger) then it could be a problem.

Hello

Thanks for answering my questions. Below are the images to help to solve any doubts.

PanelBuilder Alarm setup:

FTView ME alarm setup:

Alarm trigger and acknowledge sample:

Hope it can help you to help me

Thanks