AB PLC5/80E RIO to Panelview + 1250 Slow Block Transfers after converting PV 1400E

sprintboy

Hi Guys,
I'm currently in the middle of a conversion from a PanelView 1400E touch screen to a Panelview Plus 1250.
The existing panelview works fine other than it's slowly dying. It'sconnected to a PLC5/80E.

Here's the problem after the conversion and corrections to the converted program all functions appear to work ok on the PV +1250 except numeric operations can take up to 10 seconds to execute. All binary functions appear to be normal and operate almost instantly.
Upon further investigation I've found that the Block Transfer Reads and Write slow down and some timeout. Other than the blocks which are timing out, the other block transers seem like they operate ok.
I've tried deleting any aliases that reference these block transfers and still no better.

I will say I've just found reference to no gaps in the block transfer configuration in RSview ME. But does not tell me what the effect of this is.

If anybody has any ideas or heard of any problems I'd be more than happy to here from you.

Thanks

Steve

I am having same problems, i translated a pv1000 application to a PV1000+ connected to a PLC5/20.
The Inputs and outputs works great, but BT some times get the vales and other times not.
First i used diectly adressing to the block transfers but there was not connection with all variables, then i added the alias and they worked but some times they lose connection.

I translated a PV to PV1000+ with Rio, the PLC was a 5/04 and it worked perfectly, BT worked great and there was no issues. But with PLC 5 i have some problems getting it working.

Is it because the RIO has DH+ connections opposite to that of the panelview Plus ( blue and clear wires) causing the problem?

just a guess, have to try.