Copy Instruction

G
In regards to a (COP) instruction; Source #I:11.0
Dest #B3:16
Length 6

Slot 11 inputs, the first 6 inputs, would be copy to B3:16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 each scan.
Is that my understanding of a copy instruction?

Thank's

I will register later on today, this is a great PLC learning site.

It will copy consecutive sources to consecutive destinations (note the # symbol in front of the source):

I:11.0 to B3:16
I:11.1 to B3:17
I:11.5 to B3:21

If you want to copy I:11.0 to all six destinations, use the FLL (Fill File) command with the same parameters.

try this

If you want only the first 6 bits of the input word I:11.0 move it through a mask.
MVM
Source I:11.0 Mask 111111b Destination B3:0 then
COP
Source B3:0 Destination B3:6 Length 6.
Hope this makes sense?? :confused:

:site:

copy

OkiePC,

Thanks for your response to my question. If the address destination were a counter type file than it would require three words (each counter use three words). Is that my understanding?

Thanks

If you want only the first 6 bits of the input word I:11.0 move it through a mask.
MVM
Source I:11.0 Mask 111111b Destination B3:0 then
FLL
Source B3:0 Destination B3:6 Length 6.
Hope this makes sense?? :confused:

:site:

The length in the COPy instruction is the number of elements of the destination file type. A counter element contains 3 words.

The destination file type determines the number of words per element that the instruction transfers. For example, if the destination file type is counter and the source file type is integer, three integer words are transferred for each element in the counter-type file.

If you use the COPy instruction with timers counters or control structures for the destination, you will overwrite all three words in each element. (the presets, accumulators, and control bits for timers and counters)