Copy instruction in RSLogix5000

Keldog

in a copy instruction can the source element be the same as the destination element like can it be a counter pointed at the same tag.

I wont be able to respond till tomorrow cause i am heading out of the office for the day.

thanks in advance for you help

Keldog,

I'm also wondering what it is you really want to do.

A copy instruction with the source and destination the same does nothing useful.

If you want to increment a value like a counter, use an ADD instruction.

ADD Count 1 Count.

Sorry about being so vague. I was wondering is there anyway to turn a counter into a INT so i can copy it into another INT. My counter is counting but i can't transfer the data over to my VTS. So do i have to move my counter into an INT tag first then copy.

Keldog,

You can move the DINT from the counter accumulator into an INT, that will work fine as long as you don't count past 32,767.

I don't see why you need an intermediate INT tag. Just MOV the counter .ACC into your target INT tag.