Copy of programme

gmultani52

Hi, Can I copy a ladder logic programm from a work station, and load in my laptop which has software RSlogix 500 and rslinx.

Thanks

do you mean you want to upload a PLC program from a PLC to your laptop? If you have the right software and right cable then should be no problem for SLC.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for, so here are two answers:

1. You have a PC that is connected to your PLC. The PC has the off-line file with documentation that runs in the PLC. You want to take this off-line file from the PC, and transfer it to another PC - your laptop. Both PC's are currently running Logix 500.

Absolutely - just copy the .RSS file onto a floppy and copy that to your laptop.

2. You have a PC that is connected to your PLC. This PC is running Logix 500. Your laptop does not have Logix 500, and you want to install Logix 500 there.

In this case, you should get your installation CD and install the program onto your laptop (I wouldn't try copying since the registry will be problematic). Then you need to install the activation to run the program. This can be transferred from one PC to another using the EVMOV utility that is included on your master disk.

If I misunderstood what you are trying to do (or you need more clarification), please let us know.

Marc