Copying a SLC500 program and putting it onto a new AB Card

Markn902

Hi I am in sort of a bind. I work at a place that has little to no information on these. I am trying to program a new ab cpu but don't have the original program. I am already hooked up and online with the the working cpu just need some guidance on what to do next.

Thanks

If you're already online then click Save. Say yes to update data tables if it asks. You now have a copy saved on your PC which can be downloaded to your new processor.

Thanks I did that and had a program saved in my documents but when I tried to download onto the new card nothing happened? I was wondering if I was missing a step after downloading that program onto the new card

You do have to switch the controller into RUN mode.

Most of the SLC-500's made in the past twenty years have a keyswitch on the front with PROG/REM/RUN positions. The even older ones have to be put into RUN mode with the programming terminal.

What's the part number of the SLC-500 CPU ?