Corona Virus Self Isolation Puzzle

Slightly cleaner*, functionally equivalent ST code attached** as btcfb1002.txt.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the code as is, but I am offering a slightly different approach.

* "Cleaner" is of course a subjective term: the use of the bFound variable causes extra unnecessary evaluations (WHILE/IF and NOT), IMNSHO; then again, the code may be easier for some folks to follow with bFound.

** Along with cvpuzzle.zip of Python-based package that suggests equivalency of the approach: cf. test_cvpuzzle.py; two million pairs of evaluations with random values for [x] produced the same result within each pair.

Moved stuff to Github.

cvpuzzle.png

Last edited:
* "Cleaner" is of course a subjective term: the use of the bFound variable causes extra unnecessary evaluations (WHILE/IF and NOT), IMNSHO; then again, the code may be easier for some folks to follow with bFound.

My original implementation was spread over many cycles of the plc as the scan time was exceeded when using very large numbers for N so I introduced bFound to indicate when the algorithm had completed.

My original implementation was spread over many cycles of the plc as the scan time was exceeded when using very large numbers for N so I introduced bFound to indicate when the algorithm had completed.

Of course, heh try giving it (x,N)=(1e-4,1e4); so bFound was necessary then.

(unless max allowed scan time is increased outrageously;))

It is an interesting algorithm; did tha come up with it th'self or did tha find it?

Last edited:
I found something similar and adapted it for Siemens SCL,

Search for
Minkowski's question-mark function