Count for a period and store in memory

smanjunath211

Dear Gurus,

I searched a lot but could not find a solution to the requirement i have. i got several answers to use timer and counter but not in the combination of what i need.

my need is to 'count' the number of inputs 'per minute' and then store the result in a memory address. this memory address should be overwritten every minute. meanwhile i can download the stored number in the memory every minute.

i use WPLSOFT 2.48.

so far i am able to get a 'realtime' input from the relays connected to the PLC Delta DVP Series.

Assuming I understand properly and that your input isn't faster than your cyclical task:

- Count each rising front in your cyclical task

- Call a 1000ms periodic task that will transfer the value to another tag and reset your counting tag to 0.

basically i want to count how many products are produced in 60 seconds. it is approximately 30 pieces per minute, I am so far able to count the products till 60 seconds, but am unable to store that value to a memory and then replace the same every minute with new value

basically i want to count how many products are produced in 60 seconds. it is approximately 30 pieces per minute, I am so far able to count the products till 60 seconds, but am unable to store that value to a memory and then replace the same every minute with new value

I don't really see the difficulty.

Main task:

Rising Edge Input => counter +1

60000ms periodic task:

Last60sec = counter
Counter = 0

PS: if you can't use a periodic task as long as that, you can use a 100 or 1000ms one and then use another counter to reach 60s.

Last edited:
Have a counter count the part flow. Every 60 secs: 1- move counter's accumulated value into a data register and 2 - reset counter. If you want, have the data register set up as a shift register and move value before dumping new count into first register. You can establish trending this way.