Counting tyres on a conveyor belt

If the tyres are placed manually - can the tyres end up on top of each other or will they all be flat as in this example.

tyres.JPG

Yes they will lay flat, exactly how they are shown on the belt in your photo before they get to the roller conveyor.
This is the sketch we made below (worst case) ?

tyres.jpg

Last edited:
Two sensors in series mounted across /above the belt looking down. If they are spaced correctly should be able to pick the space between tires even if they are touching.

Colour sensor? Pity you have dismissed camera's as they start at £600+. It would be an ideal camera taught application with a positive outcome.

Similar Topics

Hello I am looking for tips on how to count the duration of a given function and then how to display it on the hmi panel in the hh:mm:ss format...
Replies
Views
Guys, I know it will be silly but can't get my head around it. I have 3 conveyors, every one on a separate servo drive, and 2...
Replies
Views
The 1734-IB8 has no hardware counting function correct? I am trying to find something to substitute in for a 5069-IB16F (since lead times are...
Replies
Views
Been scratching my head at what I thought should be a relatively simple task. I need to count how many rows a .csv file has, so I can later read...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to count my Contactor switching times. There are lots of them so I created a template logic with local variables in FC2000. Now I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom