CP 342-5 configuration using com profibus

joeyd11ph

Hi
My devices are as follows:
S7-300 > CPU 315-2DP (6ES7 315-3Fx-0AB0)
PROFIBUS CP342-5 (3425DA02-0XE0)
ASi CP343-2 (343-2AH00-0XA0)
MEMORY CARD MC951/128KB/5V FLASH
(6ES7951-0KG00-0AA0)

PC > CP5613 DP BASE (6GK1561-3AA00)

SOFTWARE ARE:
SIMATIC NET INDUSTRIAL COMMUNICATION PC/WINDOWS 05/2000 S79220-A5406-F000-01
COMPROFIBUS V3.3
COML7 V2.12
OPC SERVER
SETTING PG/PC
WINCC V5.1 S79220-A6045-F000-01

Our problem now is after we replaced the dead backup battery, we ca no longer establish a connection between PC WinCC CP5613 and S7-300 MPI. we have done memory reset but no luck.
LED status on CP342-5 are SF > RED, STOP > AMBER. Error log on WinCC report says " Cannot connect to API_AMX30" error code "0xFFDF_411C, 0x0000_7000.
Please give us clear, straight forward step by step procedure and what software tools to use on how to download GSD or configuration file.

We have tried to download PROFIBUS demo software DPdemo at www.aut.sea.siemens.com/pic/download_1htm but the site is no longer exists. Your kind support will be highly appreciated.

We dont have Step7 nor NCM7. We have only COM PROFIBUS AND COML S7. Please show us how to configure using these two software tools.

Thanks
Joey Dimaculangan
Automation Engineer
Qatar Armed Forces
mob 0974-6871407

cp 342-5

Hello,

Are you sure that the EEPROM has a backup copy of the program.
If the backup battery is dead, and the EEPROM does not have a copy, the program will be lost after a 24 volt failure.

Suggest to get step7 installed on your computer, get a cable and do a comparison of the program and the CPU...

Andreas

Hi,
perform the simple check
1.Power cycle , and put manually the PLC key switch from Stop to Run.
2. If the PLC is in run mode, check the outputs, if outputs are not coming , then your CPU does not contain any program and you need to download the program thro' S7 Simatic software, dont worry about activation as these software works on evaluation period .
3. Once the program is downloaded , communication between S7 PLC and Wincc will work, as your you mentioned it was working and only you changed the battery.

Dont worry about communication now , first established whether the PLC CPU contains the program.

Hello,

It's very possible that there is no program in the CPU. CP342-5 requires communication functions in the program and without them there will be error leds litting in CP342-5. So, it seems the program is not executed.

In the list of devices, there is also a Memory Card. It would seem most likely that the original programmer has stored the program on the Memory Card. So I think it is unlikely (if not entirely impossible) that the problem is because there is no program.

More likely, some part of the S7-300 rack has gone defective.
You would have to go online with STEP7 to investigate the diagnostics buffer.
Bad news: The CPU is so old that I am not sure you can get a spare. Same for the CP342-5.
edit: What I mean by that is that the program cannot be moved to a spare CPU, if it is not the exact same type. The HW Config will have to be modified.
Bad news # 2: The connection between WinCC and the S7 CPU probably require a download of the connection setup to the S7 CPU. Unfortunately, both COM PROFIBUS and COML S7 are are so old that you may have difficulty in finding someone who knows how to use them (myself, I dont know these old softwares).

Very important: Do you have a backup of the STEP7 and/or the WinCC projects ?

Last edited:
After the battery replacement we tried several steps to reset the CPU and memory so there is big probability that everything was erased.

Im sure that I need to reload/create the configuration file in GSD or LDB using COMPROFIBUS AND COML7. My question is anybody here has hands-on exposure with these two old software tools who can give us the step by step procedure to create and to export the file to the memory card.

We have 3 setups similar to the one we have with problem. Is it possible to borrow the other memory card just to reload the configuration file? If Yes how to do it step by step please.

thanks...

Last edited: