CPU 1500 and FactoryTalk SE - OPC UA

Derred

Hi
I connected Cpu 1518(server OPC UA) to Hmi Factory talk se 11.0 with OPC UA, and I set Kepserver 6 (client OPC UA).
I'm able to see in Kepserver all the tags that i want to share from PLC.

For find all the tags in factory talk studio is correct do like this? >>application name>>add new server DA, or is correct to add new UA server?.

Because i'm able to find all the tags in FT (to connect to HMI buttons or display) just if i add new server DA(in Factory talk).

Thank you

Derred:

Hello. Since your CPU 1518 already has support for OPC UA server and the HMI is OPC UA Client capable, I do not believe that you need to add the new server DA to the Factory talk studio. I do not think it will do harm, it's just that it seems unnecessary in your case. For example if you had another HMI panel which is legacy and which only supports OPC DA client, in this case you would need to do what you describe. I hope I understood your requirement and that this information is useful for you.