Crazy deals during a recession?

id10t_error

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'll eventually eBay Rockwell PLCs/Switches/VFDs for Development/InHouse Training and wondered if anyone noticed below market average during a recession? More bang for the buck.

OT but worth a mention
It's a weird time now, I just had a renewal quote for breakdown cover on my car, The price was 31.4% higher than last year at a time when the inflation rate here is 10.1%, how can they justify that. I shopped around & yes there are some new customer deals, and some of those are 70% cheaper, however, not all can give the service that my current supplier does as many use local garages near to the breakdown rather than have their own people so some the service may not be as good in respect of parts carried for a good range of models etc. I saved a quote which was near my last renewal, I phoned my current supplier & said I was not going to renew & they said see what we can do, actually got a deal that lasts for two years at the slightly lower price of last year only thing not included was on the existing policy was some reward package like a half price coffee or 10% off a service at certain establishments, well been with them 20 odd years & never used the perks which TBH do not make up the difference & generally either too pricey or not in the vicinity when I want a coffee or something anyway. Companies definitely jumping on the bandwagon at the cost of the customer. Surely, long serving customers should get some sort of benefit for being loyal.