Crimson 3.0 Batching

BigbenGrundy

Could someone provide some more information on the batching feature in Crimson 3.0?
I have a PTV connected to multiple micro820s that I would like to Store information from everyday of the week. So each day would be its own log.

Any Information on this would be helpful. Thank You in advance

You might want simply data logging if your data is stored at regular intervals or with a trigger. Give a more complete explanation of the data and how you want to log it.

We wanted to setup a system where the end user could easily access the data and have it run every week. But looking at it their isn't really a easy way to do that. If I were to do it via batching I could get what day of the week it is from the within Crimson and run a batch each week that way... Honestly I didn't really know how logging worked. So after talking to tech support what we did is setup a tag to trigger a log snapshot to record and depending on which tag got triggered it would record which log.
I set the update rate to 30
the maximum number per file to 86400 and the number of files max to 13.
so it will update every 30 seconds 86400 times.
So doing the math 86400*30=2592000 seconds total to run

2592000/60=43200 min total to run
43200/60=720 hours total to run
720/24= 30 days to run.
and since i have it set to record 13 files there will be capability to store a little over a year at all times.
so since I have a log for each shift there will only be 30 recordings per log.

I hope this helps someone else understand the logging a little better.
If you put in 86400 into Each file holds then you can type in how many days you want in the log into the box above it (Update Rate)