Crimson 3.0 latest version Bit Level Addressing

zeek

I am using the latest version of Crimson 3.0 connected to a Allen Bradley ML1400 and can not seem to address a B3 word to the bit level. I have tried using a flag bit but it only will address as a integer to the word level. Tried changing from integer to Little Ending and selecting a bit but if any bit in the word is on my indicator on the screen assigned to bit 0 of the word comes on.
Any ideas?

Use Big Endian and make sure you have the correct bit address.

It should have a pop up that lest you pick the file number and word number. Once you select Big Endian then you can select the individual bit.

Example: B3:1/2

3 is the file number
1 is the word
2 is the bit

Would give you a snap shot but am on my computer at home. Key thing to look for is changing integer to big endian

If you can't change the Bit Number, then Save Project and Restart Crimson. I have seen this in a few of my classes. Must be a bug with versions of Windows. Just restart and you should then be able to change the Bit number.

Joe_WaZoo

I have also noticed after changing items on the tag properties, sometimes the adjacent text morphs, or fails to morph or change to the proper text. I agree that it looks like a windoze animation thing that is bugged up. I too, have had to restart Crimson once to get one of the fields to reappear (don't recall which one). If it happens again, I will try to record the details for the Red Lion team.

Hey, thanks for the info. I actually figured out it was operator error. I was trying to tag the pushbutton/indicator directly instead of just draging the tag from the tag resource pane.
Really just a dumb mistake I figured out after posting. Also I used little endian rather than big and it seems to work just fine.
Thanks