Crimson 3.1 da30 multi-state alarms

rdw1982

i am working on project where i getting data from gas compressors and moving that data to a fewer and a common register mapping. 1 crimson 3.1 project to handle 21+ different types of compressors, though only connected to one at a time. the problem i need some help with is getting a multi-state tag to display the state that tripped the alarm.

You would really need to give some more information of what you are trying to do for us to understand, or it could just be that I am a bit thick headed :).
The attached picture might help, maybe. Alarm names can be a stored in a tag, I have made three string variables that can hold any name. You could give those variables names at the point of use, or in my programmes I give those tags a value as the HMI starts up.
Following on from that the strings in a multistate numeric tag can also be variables, so you should be able to copy strings from the alarm in to the strings in a multistate variable.

Hope that helps.

Alarm strings as variables.JPG

okay so i am going to attempt to do it this way. i have a new string tag that is common for all compressor types. each compressor type has its own shutdown code tag that is a multi state, that will trigger an alarm if its not a zero, this alarm is just for event history. I also have a common tag that changes the Shutdown code from a large number to just 0-2 depending on the type of shutdown. for the remote monitoring software so that i can just have a simple fault shutdown, no fault, fault other status.

shutdown code code.JPG shutdown code multi-state.JPG