Crimson 3 software issue

Hi All,

I have started to see a problem when opening old software programs. I can open an old program, but as soon as I make a change to one of the tags, ALL the remote tags I have set up have the addresses changed. I have worked out that they are all converted from HEX to decimal automatically, even though they are already written in decimal.

As can be imagined, this is quite frustrating, and the only fix I currently have is to make a note of all the remote tag addresses, and then after they get changed, re-type them all back in.

Is there a tic box to stop this auto conversion that is un-required?

Thankfully my software projects are not all that big, only 50 tags need the addresses re-written, but it is still a pain and time consuming.

Also these old software programs I am opening were only written last year, so not really that old.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry.

Hi All,

I have started to see a problem when opening old software programs. I can open an old program, but as soon as I make a change to one of the tags, ALL the remote tags I have set up have the addresses changed. I have worked out that they are all converted from HEX to decimal automatically, even though they are already written in decimal.

As can be imagined, this is quite frustrating, and the only fix I currently have is to make a note of all the remote tag addresses, and then after they get changed, re-type them all back in.

Is there a tic box to stop this auto conversion that is un-required?

Thankfully my software projects are not all that big, only 50 tags need the addresses re-written, but it is still a pain and time consuming.

Also these old software programs I am opening were only written last year, so not really that old.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry.

I've never seen this issue, but I haven't used every driver that Redlion has.

It would help the group to help you if you could tell us the driver you are using.

Also, are you at the latest release of Crimson 3.0 (Currently 530.000)?

Hi,

Good point.

I am using crimson 3 version 530

The touch panel is a G306A with a canOpen option card.

The comms used is the canOpen set up as an SDO Master baud rate 500000

Their are two Lenze 8400 drives on the can I am comunicating to, they are set up the same apart from the drop number. Settings are;

Send NMT Start: NO
Comm delay: 0
Ping Register (HEX): 5ff4
Transaction Timeout: 25
Write delay: 0
Index Offset (hex): 5fff
Index Calc: index = offset - code
Increment: index
index entry: decimal
spanning reads: enabled
transactional writes: enabled
preempt other devices: no
favor UI writes: no
comms delay: 0

Strangly, when I opened the software I had just rewritten the address to, they were displayed in hex, and after a change they suddenly became displayed in decimal again, but this time the conversion was correct.

Not sure whats going on.

The only time I have seem weird stuff with crimson tags is when I was using underscores followed by numerals for many of my tag names.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=472058&postcount=14

The reason that you don't use an underscore followed by a number of any length is that that format is reserved by Crimson 3.0 for duplicated tags. Even if it is Tag_123456789, the name will be changed if the tag is moved.

I had several long discussions with Mike Granby about this during the Beta phase hoping I could get him to come up with another solution, but that is still how it ended up.

As long as you know this, it really isn't that big of a deal, and I've used this behavior to my advantage on occasion.