Cscape touchscreen button

nosajnil

I have a really basic question here. I am trying to turn on a light using a button on the touchscreen. The button is %M4, the light output is %Q4. When I press the button, neither the light on the screen turn on nor the output relay close. Why is that?

1.jpg 2.jpg

are you holding the button in, right now you have it action set to momentary so once you release the signal goes away do it too fast and plc may miss the command. Set Action to ON for the On switch and Off for the off switch

I am holding the bottom and waiting for it to turn on.
How do I set action in Cscape? (what software you are referring to that might have the "set action" feature?)

The PLC is running. Since in the debug mode, I can see the switch closing. But the coil does not energize in the debug mode.

The three most common reasons for the situation you describe are, PLC not running, the rung is in a subroutine that isn't being called, there is another rung somewhere else in the program controlling the output point. A variant on "PLC not running" is that it is running, but with the outputs disabled. None of these reasons are brand-specific. They apply to just about any brand and model.

Last edited:
I am holding the bottom and waiting for it to turn on.
How do I set action in Cscape? (what software you are referring to that might have the "set action" feature?)

The PLC is running. Since in the debug mode, I can see the switch closing. But the coil does not energize in the debug mode.

if it's the debug for the hmi it does mean anything is actually happening on the PLC side. can you look at your memory map to see if that bit is changing on your plc

You would get a fault on download if 2 coils were calling the same address, unless one is an -(R)... which could hold the coil in the off position

Chances are good the PLC is not in run... Look at the little stoplight icons.

Thank you guys for the input and putting up with a noob. I think the Action did it. The switch was in "momentary".
But I think what made the difference was connecting the output to a working circuit. Does that really made a difference?
I did not expect that. I was expecting the output to be controlled by a relay that open or close based on the logic regardless of anything is connected. I wanted to test with a multimeter for continuity before I connect anything live.