Curious: What if I copy a PID tag to another PID tag in RSL5000

wildswing

Just curious, trying to make set up of 20 PID tags identical. What if on first scan I

COPY MyPIDtag01 to MyPIDtag02 Length 1
COPY MyPIDtag01 to MyPIDtag03 Length 1
COPY MyPIDtag01 to MyPIDtag04 Length 1
etc...

Tags are all PID type. Is that legal? It does seem to work. Beats opening each occurrence and typing everything in. This is just to get stuff set up initially. No plan to leave it in long term. I have other plans for changing PID values later.

This way I set up the first, then it's values all get copied to the other 19. All loops are physically identical.

I tried:

COPY MyPIDtag01 to MyPIDtag02 Length 19 but no go.

Last edited:
It does seem to work.

Excellent.

Your last reference wouldn't work in two ways.

The COPY would only have worked if you were copying a block of 19 contiguous PID tags into another block of 19 contiguous PID tags.

And your nomenclature doesn't show an array [] mark so there is no guarantee that, even though they have sequential numbers, that they are contiguous in memory.

Excellent.
Not being facetious there are ya Bernie? ;)

The COPY would only have worked if you were copying a block of 19 contiguous PID tags into another block of 19 contiguous PID tags.
šŸ™ƒ I new that. o_O

And your nomenclature doesn't show an array [] mark so there is no guarantee that, even though they have sequential numbers, that they are contiguous in memory.
You're right. It's not an array. Each PID tag is a single tag...NR01_PID, NR02_PID, NR03_PID...