CX-Programmer: concatenate hex value

khelza

I have an existing program for a machine which can run 50+ different parts. Each part has 10 parameters allocated and I have to modify the program to include a few more parameters. Each part is also assigned a hex value starting at 500 and increasing by 10 for each part (510, 520, 530, etc.)

There is a XFER function which looks at the value of the current part number and copies the 10 elements (parameters) from the D location of that part number to a different memory location, D10 to be used in the logic.
For example, if part with the assigned hex value of 550 was selected, the 10 words in memory location D550 would be copied to D10. It would have been nice to just increase the amount of words copied over, however, those words are used by other parts (560 in this example).

I need to store the new parameters somewhere else, and wanted to do it in a similar way with the XFER function.

I'm trying to take the hex value, still using example part 550, and concatenate or append a 0 to the end, so that another XFER function would copy from location D5500 into memory location D20 for example.

I have not been able to concatenate properly and I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about it because the memory locations would be so spread out: D5500, D5600, D5700 providing/allowing 100 words, when I only need about a few. :oops:

Apparently there's a way to offset with the XFER function?
XFER
Number of words: 4
Source: value of D105 + 5000?
Dest: D10

Anyone know how to do that?

Last edited:
You did not indicate which plc you are using.

Just a thought, can you multiply the current storage location by 10 to get the new storage location?

Source and Destination words can be D locations and should be able to be indirectly addressed.

Hope this helps.