CX-Programmer with multiple users

BenR

I have CX-Programmer installed on Windows XP on a local user, but when I switch to the network user CX-Programmer reverts to demonstration mode.
I cannot enter the licence number again because it says 'access is denied'
I also cannot uninstall it and re-install it on the network user because I have the same problem.

Omron have been no use.

Anyone know of a solution???

Ben:

Looks like the problem has nothing to do with Omron but rather with the way your network is configured.

The network user (are you on Windows domain?) must be configured as an Administrator user for that particular PC. One of your IS guys (or whoever administers the network in your place) must do it.

Many companies, especially the large ones, do limit user access to their PCs over the board - they feel safer that way. However, the needs of an average bean-counter or a sales gal and yours are quite different and you have to explain it to the people in charge.