Data From Seimens PLC Through OPC

farrei

How to take data from siemens PLC to an HMI in Advantrol-Pro Real time monitoring software through OPC Communication..

dear friends

i want to add more information like i have a supcon dcs system and at all over the plant wile one portion is on siemens plc s7 400 i want to connect s7 400 with supcon reat time software named as adventrol pro.
i have a opc srver named as supcon opc jx-server from same vendor with this i am allready useing this server with FLS (cement manufacturer)ecs software. i want to connect same server with siemens plc can any one help me or give me hints my siemens s7 400 have a industrial eathernet cp to communicate with wincc and cpu have mpi and dp port. did i need any other cp or with that cp i can link. actaully i want to use siemens as a clint of jx-srver ( opc)can some give siemns configuration project example for connection with any scada with any opc server as a clint.

thanks in advance

moazzim adnan

Hello farrei.

No, Siemens S7-400 cannot be used with the jx-server.
But you can probably let the Adventrol software connect to multiple OPC servers. You should check up on this, but I would be surprised if it is not the case.

So the solution is to install an additional OPC Server for connecting to the S7 PLC.
Ethernet is the obvious solution since there is an ethernet CP in the S7-400 rack.
You need to get Simatic Net IE LEAN which contains an OPC Server.
You should check the exact type no of the ethernet CP.

The use of multiple OPC servers for one or several OPC Clients is exactly the strength of OPC.