Data Hwy Messaging

2003sfp

Need help getting a MSG from one data highway to another on PLC 5. One DH+ network is in one building and terminates at a desktop computer on a 1784-PKTX card.(Node 00) A separate building has the identical setup (desktop @ Node 60)and we use the business ethernet network to bridge between the two 1784-PKTX cards. At the desktop computer in either building I can open and work on any PLC on either DH+ network but I can't get a MSG block configured properly to get through from one DH+ network to the other.
RSLinx Gateway is on both desktops with the PKTX cards. I've done this using a ControlLogix Rack with two DHRIO modules but, I don't have that option here. Any ideas? ....Bob

I don't think you can do this. RSLinx Classic Gateway's major feature was application connectivity to the local DH+ drivers via TCP, but it doesn't have the network-to-network bridging features of the 1756-DHRIO or 1771-KA module.

You might accomplish this with an OPC mirror of some sort, but the principal solution is going to be the 1756-DHRIO module.