Data to SQL DB

Thanks for all the replies.
I do not have a PC to use as bridge and was trying to avoid. I am trying to avoid the 7K USD.
But it seems a really good solution given site is remote support will be difficult. May be worth the cost?

A RaspberryPi would be a fairly cheap bridge solution from a hardware standpoint, but not all installations can afford free software. ;)

You obviously have a server with SQL on it, Kepware could be loaded on it and log directly for around $800 (well when I last used one).
However, it would depend on IT and if they would allow it.

Thanks for all the replies.
I do not have a PC to use as bridge and was trying to avoid. I am trying to avoid the 7K USD.
But it seems a really good solution given site is remote support will be difficult. May be worth the cost?

so the Softing tManager cost $7000?

If you already have a SQL server running, you can run AHMI on it, it's cost nothing.

I've used both the Ignition software solution and the Softing hardware solution and can recommend them both. Expensive, yes (especially the Softing module), but at some point the upfront cost saves the long term cost. Depends what your time (and the customer's downtime) is worth.

I haven't used the AdvancedHMI option, but if cost is king and your time/downtime is cheap, then why not give it a try - you've got nothing to lose.

I haven't used FT Transaction Manager and have not heard much good said about it.

One thing to note - I'm fairly certain you don't actually need a PLC to use the softing module. I mean yes, you'll need the chassis to put it in, and the power supply, but it doesn't require a CPU in the chassis to work. It just needs an ethernet connection to the SQL database and the PLC's you want to grab data from, and it works independently. If you have a PLC in the rack you can use it to do some basic monitoring, but ultimately the SQL module is completely self contained and doesn't know or care if there's a PLC in the rack next to it.

PeakHMI is a low cost option that can be loaded onto a server with a USB dongle for activation. It provides drivers for almost everything and link to SQL via ODBC. You probably would have to do some PASCAL programming to get your custom solution. Have been using this with 34 AD Click processors reporting data on Modbus TCP/IP for almost a year now without any issues. https://www.hmisys.com

Thanks ASF
I am leaning toward Softing tManager. good to hear you've had good experience.

I have seen the logix AOI commands written by them before, which supports saving the values obtained from logix to SQL, and saving data to publish on their own web pages. It seems very interesting, but it also requires money to buy