DC Stab Shunt Wiring -- Determining Unknown Wires

bhedding024

We are in the process of installing a new DC drive to replace a 1373 series Speedpak drive. There are 8 leads coming out of the motor -- Two for the armature, two for the field, and two for the tach. There are two other green wires that from what I see are connected to 120VAC and the other to the DC bus. I tried reaching out to Baldor (ABB) for the actual diagram for the motor but only got the generic drawing. Any thoughts or insight?

Anyone have a lead on a diagram for a Bul. 1373 DC Drive by chance?

Thank you!

Reliance RPM III.jpg

Could the 120vac pair be for a blower?

Or (less common) for internal heater?

EDIT:
Similar part number:
https://www.baldor.com/catalog/D2015R

The Product Information Packet pdf has an example drawing that shows thermoswitch leads and heater leads as options.

I reworked your data plate picture, because I am too old and lazy to rotate my head enough to read it.

Reliance RPM III.jpg

Last edited:
My first guess, and it does match the dataplate saying FORCE VENT that the motor has a separately powered blower.

The other option could have been an internal thermal switch as noted above, but the other wire would have gone to a relay or PLC input.

EDIT: Plus the Force Vent is showing VOLTS: 240

A1 Large Wire
A2 Large Wire
F1 Small Wire
F2 Small Wire
F3 Small Wire
F4 Small Wire
P1 White Wire
P2 White Wire
Just a Guess
If there are only 2 shunt field wires and 4 large wires they are series field S1 & S2

Last edited:
Does it look like this with the external Forced Air Blower? The Blower power comes from the pecker head...Is it connected to those two wires?

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you all for the help. The unknown wires are for a series of temp switches. The one did not land on the bus, but went through another temp switch mounted to the bus.