Deleted program-block in S7 manager.

knutabru

Hello.

I accidentally deleted the wrong FC in my project and now I'm desperate to get it back (no backup and a long program writen in STL). I can remember once I saw a procedure on how to go hack into the files and change some attributes, but I can't find the description anywhere.

Anyone...... help...

Regards from Knut A.B.

I've not come across the procedure to recover a deleted block so I can't help you there. However, I use the block editor setting that automatically generates the source code whenever I save a block. If I delete a block by mistake, I can create it again by compiling the source code.

Hello knutabru;

Had you dowwoaded this FC to the CPU?

If so, and if you have not downloaded to the PLC since you have deleted it, you could probably still see it in PLC memeory when you go Online. If so, just copy it back to the Blocks folder, Offline.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
SimonGoldsworthy said:
I've not come across the procedure to recover a deleted block so I can't help you there. However, I use the block editor setting that automatically generates the source code whenever I save a block. If I delete a block by mistake, I can create it again by compiling the source code.

We do that for automatically creating a history of blocks that have been changed in an updated version. Never thought of it as protection from deletion.

I think our friend has learned a a hard but valuable lesson on backing up though.

If working on a project, ALWAYS ensure you work on a copy of the original and NOT the original.