Deleting unused tags in Logix 5000

dbh6

Lifetime Supporting Member
Im using a control logix based PLC, i made a lot of changes to my program and their are a lot of tags that im not going to end up using. Is their a way to either filter out all unused tags in your logic and delete them, rather than going to that specific tag in your tag browser and hitting delete??

How you filter them differs a little by version.

I'm looking at a version 16 program: Go to the tag view, make sure you are on the edit tab. You will see a button that says "Show". Click it, where you see "Filter On" select unused.

Other versions are slightly different, but offer the same thing. What version are you using?

@dmroeder, i figured it had something to do with the version numbers, i have two programs one is version 16.21 and the other is 20.11, i followed what you said and was able to find all the unused tags for the version for both version. Thanks