Delta AH500 EN PLC reading from XML file

Fatlum Telaku

Hi everyone,

I have an issue, how is it possible to read data from an XML file with Delta PLC?
In fact, I have another device (ElectroCell from PolyTouch) which I have to make communicate with my PLC and HMI. The physical infrastructure provided by that device is EtherNet but I don't know precisely which protocol is used if it is standard Modbus or something else.
Another thing is that I can set to this device static IP's in the same subnet with my PLC and HMI and I also can access this device online via HTTP page with defined IPs and from there I can see the XML file. But I don't know yet if is it possible to set a real-time communication between these devices.
What I found till now is that this series of Delta PLC have explained how to configure TCP & UDP sockets and I have also tried that but it still didn't work in my case.

Thank you in advance!

As XML is not a protocol it is language/format for storing, transmitting, and reconstructing data. It can be done, but it could require lot of programming code depending of what you need to acquire from that device.