Device Net - Trunk cable vs Drop cable

programist

Hello,

Speaking of Device Net system, I wonder how to quickly identify whether the cable is a Trunk cable or a Drop cable?

Thank you,

In general, trunk cables are thicker than drop cables.

But the actual difference is in how it's connected relative to the termination resistors.

If the cable is in a direct path between the termination resistors, it's considered the "trunk". If it connects to the trunk and goes off to a device, then it's a "drop" cable.

The cables are electrically identical except for the conductor size. Many small or low-power DeviceNet networks use thin cable everywhere, and some DeviceNets use thick or flat cable everywhere.

Similar Topics

I'm adding an IAI Gateway with 2 axes connected to it. To an ethernet network on my PLC. So, I think the math is correct on the Input and Output...
Replies
Views
We have some very old technology in my plant that needs adjusted but I don’t have the equipment. Can anyone tell me what I need to program this IO...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
We are trying to set up a newer generation Omron PLC (NX/NS Series) with Citect / Aveva Plant SCADA using the Ethernet/IP CIP Protocol to read...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom