Connecting Ethernet TCP/IP device to CompactLogix

Lobo12

I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley CompactLogix 5069-L306ER PLC instead so I can use it with other robots (device only has a URCap at the moment). The device use Ethernet TCP/IP, I have the IP address of the device that was used to connect to the UR and its native protocol. For example, I know "Get_State" is 0x00 02 and "Register_Client" is 0x00 03 for info, and there's some others in the protocol. I am a noob when it comes to communication between devices so I apologize if this seems obvious. I have been trying to use the MSG instruction to send 0x00 02 to the device using CIP read and CIP generic but I think I am missing something as it wont let me put hex in as the source element on CIP read and I am lost on the custom settings for CIP Generic. Any help would be appreciated.