Devicenet communication problem with PanelView Plus

A.Perea

Hi Is my first time I post in this forum and also Im new in all this things of PLC programming so I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Im trying to connect a PanelView Plus to an existing devicenet network with a SLC 05 and the 1747-SDN scanner module and the problem is that when I try to detect the PanelView the RS Network dont see it, it detect the other nodes that were already in the network but not the node of the PanelView.

The PanelView has the 2711P-RN10H module for devicenet. I already did all the configuration according to the manual for the devicenet module of the panelview, slot 0 for the virtual backplane and slot 1 for the module, the speed is 125 (I also try with the other speeds just in case) but the RS Network dont seem to detect it, I try with other 2711p-RN10H to see if the error was from the module but nothing change, in the module the MOD led indicator just start to blink but the other leds (net and I/O) are off.

I dont know what is the problem, if is the scanner, or if there is a special configuration or something I dont know is driving me crazy I would appreciate A LOT if someone can help me

Thank You

sorry if my grammar is not so good

A. Perea

What RSNetworx for DeviceNet, RSLinx, FactoryTalk View Studio and RSLinx Enterprise revisions are you using?
Looking back to the thread within the Rockwell Automations Forums I still think the DeviceNet communications module is not properly configured.
I haven't done any PV+/SLC over DeviceNet (Yet!-but probably soon), however, I have recently finished and commissioned a PV1400 to PV+/PLC5 over DH+ migration.
The installed PV+ communications module cannot be configured from the HMI's interface unless a proper communications settings runtime file is downloaded to the terminal.
The PV+ DeviceNet Adapter User Manual example within RA Literature database applies to Logix systems only (1756-DNB Scanner)!.
You are trying to run your application on a SLC platform and RSLinx Enterprise (the dedicated FTV platform data server) is not quite cooperative within a legacy system.

Sir, I also facing the same problem as Mr. A. Perea.

"Hi Is my first time I post in this forum and also Im new in all this things of PLC programming so I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Im trying to connect a PanelView Plus to an existing devicenet network with a SLC 05 and the 1747-SDN scanner module and the problem is that when I try to detect the PanelView the RS Network don't see it, it detect the other nodes that were already in the network but not the node of the PanelView.

The PanelView has the 2711P-RN10H module for devicenet. I already did all the configuration according to the manual for the devicenet module of the panelview, slot 0 for the virtual backplane and slot 1 for the module, the speed is 125 (I also try with the other speeds just in case) but the RS Network dont seem to detect it, I try with other 2711p-RN10H to see if the error was from the module but nothing change, in the module the MOD led indicator just start to blink but the other leds (net and I/O) are off.

I dont know what is the problem, if is the scanner, or if there is a special configuration or something I dont know is driving me crazy I would appreciate A LOT if someone can help me

Thank You"

Alongwith above details, i am using RSNetworx for DeviceNet Version 21, RSLinx Classic version 3.51.01, FactoryTalk View Studio Version 7.00 and 8.00 both and RSLinx Enterprise revision 5.60.

I created .mer file in version 5.14, 7.0 and 8,0 also.

Also connected the Devicenet wiring as per manual, still i am unable to see the HMI in devicenet network.

Can some one help??

Thanks

Last edited:
Sir,

Firmware upgradation required for PLC??

In HMI we had downloaded .mer file of version 8.0 also, HMI is with latest firmware.

Regards

Santosh D.

Sir,

Firmware upgradation required for PLC??

In HMI we had downloaded .mer file of version 8.0 also, HMI is with latest firmware.

Regards

Santosh D.

Hello,

I seem to remember that certain devicenet modules need to have a firmware update. You also have to remap the device net scanner when adding a new device.

Santosh,

The DeviceNet module for PanelView Plus has been obsolete since the PV+6 terminal was introduced. So you must have a PV+ with version 5.10 or earlier firmware.

Don't mess around with any sort of runtime that's compiled for v6 or v7 or v8... those won't run on your terminal.

I believe that the 2711P-RN10H module must at least have a configuration to tell it what Node Number and Data Rate to run at.

Can you post some screenshots of the configuration in RSLinx Enterprise of the 2711P DeviceNet module ?