Problem communication with DeviceNet 1747-SDN

rafaelvieira

Hi!

I wish a help with a problem communication. I'm trying to connect to a DeviceNet through a 1747-sdn scanner.
I've been trying to connect, using a 1784-U2DN, but I couldn't see any devices in network, just the adapter (address 62). I've seen three times yesterday the devices, when I was trying, but few times after the devices get missing. Are there any protection set to DeviceNet that don't let anyone access the network using RSnetworkx?

Hi

Sorry but I don't know what 1784-U2dn is have never used it.
With the 1747 I normally use the pass through driver in linx.

Do you always see the adapter, what version of networks are you using,
What version of logix 5000 have you installed. I know you are using the slc range but if you have logix 5000 used it may be the problem as there is a problem with ver 20 logix and ver 10 networks.
What windows system are you running

Donnchadh

Hi

I get that but there is an issue with logix ver 20 messing up rs networks.
I know this as I know at least 3 people that this had happened to. This may not be the problem but I jst said I would try to knock it on the head

Donnchadh

"intermittent browsing" is very frequently related to poor installation or missing or incorrect termination resistors.

Also, be sure that your 1784-U2DN is configured for the same DeviceNet data rate (125 kb/s, 250 kb/s, or 500 kb/s) as the 1747-SDN scanner.