Devicenet IO Problem (SST/Siemens)

jimbo3123

Does anyone have experience with a SST Devicenet IO adapter?
It looks like SST has been bought by Woodhead, and they make/sell the adapter I have (5136-DNS-200), but i'm getting the run-around in terms of support for how to configure it.

I need to have a .eds file that has the details for the IO modules that I have attached. I found a manual for a configuration utility that appears to be what I need to generate that .eds file. However, I'm having no luck in tracking down the configuration utility itself. Not even a word of if/where it is for sale.

The IO adapter is distributed by Siemens BTW, and Siemens & SST(Woodhead) are each pointing the finger at the other in terms of support for this device.

The IO adapter is distributed by Siemens BTW, and Siemens & SST(Woodhead) are each pointing the finger at the other in terms of support for this device.
Some things never change, I had Siemens Simatic/Step7 and Fujitsi-Siemens (PCs) pointing the finger at one another for over a year for spurious crashes on the PC. Only when I finally got the PC really heavily loaded viewing a big S7-GRAPH program at the same time using the PC as operator console with ProTool Pro did I manage to get reproducible crashes. After changing everything else, the fault turned out to be in the Pentium IV processor. Apparently it got flaky when it got warm enough.

Well, my customer mannaged to track down the configuration software that we needed. We still have some work cut out to get the thing up and running, but now I think we at least have the necessary tools.

I guess that makes sense, that you have to create a unique EDS for each configuration of modules for that adapter. The Rockwell modular I/O platforms all have little applets in RSNetworx for DeviceNet that allow us to configure the various modules.

Where did you find the utility ? What sort of DNet master are you using ?