Dh 485 Again!

I know this has been kick around alot lately, but here goes. We have a dh 485 network that has run fine for years and the other day lightning hit and we lost all power. When the power came back on the network was down. It is spread out, but well under 4000 ft. So to find the problem we split it up and found 1 bad aic + and 1 bad link coupler. So now we had two networks both running fine and since we have a shut down the week of 4th of July we just waited until now to tie the two back together. Well guess what when we tie the two back together they stop talking! We have two networks that run fine until we tie them together so we can see everything from the office. The jumpers are changed when we tie them together it has to be something simple just brain dead i guess? Has anyone exsprienced anything like this? Here`s a simplified drawing of what we have.
network.jpg

The top part of the black drawing is one network and bottom is the other. That`s why i like 480 volts that way when something is hooked up wrong you don`t have to look a day to fine it!
Help woud be appreciated.
Thomas

:site:

yes experianced this with a 485 network

someone had set one of the nodes set to node 1.<-not great idea
A dtam which was on node 5 got fried/died and came back on also as node 1.
whammo, suddenly we have a network node conflict and was going up/down all over the place

AndrewB's post makes a lot of sense. If you had a lightning strike it is certainly possible that a device got zapped and reset to node #1 and is conflicting with another device using node #1.

Try unplugging each device on one of the networks and then when you connect the two networks again together again, one at a time connect the disconnected devices until you find the one causing the problem.

OG

I take it my post wasnt useful then
Thanks Andrew & Ghost!
Yes it was something esle to look at, but wasn`t the problem. The Pass through Link ID had been changed to 0 on one of the 5/03`s and i set it back to 2. I have know idea what the pass through link is? , but that didn`t help either i`ve read all i can find and talked to our support guy he`s sharp and when he has time i`m sure he can solve this. I`ve ohmed cables change parts cycled power and recycled power to no avail! Does the Pass through Link even have anything to do with dh 485 networks.
Thanks again i appreciate your HELP! sorry i didn`t respond sooner~ ~~ Tom
:site: